ROCIC 2019 Spring Membership Information Sharing and Training Conference
ROCIC MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Nashville SE, Tennessee
October 1, 2018
Chairman Jerry Philley called the meeting to order.
*Chairman Philley noted that the minutes from the March 19, 2018 Membership Meeting in St. Augustine, Florida are posted on the ROCIC Conference Website. John Samaniego made a motion to accept the minutes, seconded by Tommy Loving. Unanimous.
Chairman Philley discussed the 2018 Board Elections. The states of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas will begin their new term in 2018. The state of West Virginia will fill the unexpired term through 2019. Each of the candidates from these states were unopposed, therefore, per the Constitution and By-laws, no election is necessary. Chairman Philley congratulated the following Board Members:
Arkansas: Sheriff Rodney Wright – Saline County Sheriff’s Office
Louisiana: Sheriff Jerry Philley – West Carroll Parish Sheriff’s Office
Mississippi: Chief John Miller – Biloxi Police Department
North Carolina: Major Michael Adams – Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Dept.
Tennessee: Sheriff Jeff Long – Williamson County Sheriff’s Office
Texas: Chief Joseph Costa – DeSoto Police Department
West Virginia: Chief Tim Gray – Princeton Police Department
Vice Chair John Miller announced that the following agencies were accepted for membership at the Board of Directors Meeting on September 30, 2018.
These agencies include:
· Alabama Department of Transportation – Office of Transportation Enforcement, Montgomery
· Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, Little Rock
· Ashley County Sheriff’s Office, Hamburg
· Prescott Police Department, Prescott
· City of Snellville Police Department, Snellville
· Crisp County Sheriff’s Office, Cordele
· District Attorney’s Office Hall County, Gainesville
· Flint Circuit Drug Task Force, McDonough
· Floyd County Police Department, Rome
· Fulton County Solicitor’s Office – General, Atlanta
· Lovejoy Police Department, Lovejoy
· National Park Service, Ft. Oglethorpe
· Oconee Drug Task Force, Eastman
· Trenton Police Department, Trenton
· Bluegrass Narcotic’s Task Force, Cynthiana
· Commonwealth Attorney’s Office – 6th Judicial Circuit, Owensboro
· Commonwealth Attorney’s Office – 21st Judicial Circuit, Mt. Sterling
· Hodgenville Police Department, Hodgenville
· Hopkins County Sheriff’s Office, Madisonville
· Lawrenceburg Police Department, Lawrenceburg
· Stanford Police Department, Stanford
· Catahoula Parish Sheriff’s Office, Harrisonburg
· Hammond Police Department, Hammond
· Haughton Police Department, Haughton
· Red River Parish Sheriff’s Office, Coushatta
· Bay St. Louis Police Department, Bay St. Louis
· Osyka Police Department, Osyka
· Pat Harrison Waterway District, Wiggins
· Smith County Sheriff’s Department, Raleigh
· Webster County Sheriff’s Department, Eupora
· Jacksonville Police Department, Jacksonville
· Southern Pines Police Department, Southern Pines
· Altus Police Department, Altus
· Blanchard Police Department, Blanchard
· Bryan County Sheriff’s Office, Durant
· Caddo County Sheriff’s Office, Anadarko
· Department of Human Service – Office of Inspector General, Oklahoma City
· District Attorney’s Office 19th Judicial District, Durant
· Love County Sheriff’s Office, Marietta
· Madill Police Department, Madill
· Major County Sheriff’s Office, Fairview
· South Coffeyville Police Department, South Coffeyville
· McCormick County Sheriff’s Department, McCormick
· Oneida Police Department, Oneida
· Palestine Police Department, Palestine
· Giddings Police Department, Giddings
· Tom Bean Police Department, Tom Bean
· U.S. Veterans Affairs Police Department, Dallas
Chairman Philley announced the newly elected Board Officers for 2018-2019.
Chairman- Mississippi Board Member John Miller, Vice-Chairman- Florida Board Member Donna Lusczynski, and Secretary South Carolina Board Member Scott Deckard.
Chairman Philley recognized and thanked Vice Chairman John Miller and Secretary Donna Lusczynski for their service as Board Officers this year.
Executive Director Williams presented a gavel to Chairman Jerry Philley in appreciation of his term as Board Chairman.
Chairman Philley asked for any unfinished business or any new business.
*There being no further business, a motion was made by Ricky Gardner, seconded by Tommy Loving, to adjourn the meeting. Unanimous.
The meeting was adjourned.